In 1929, grandstands were added on the north and west ends, turning the facility into a 33,000-seat horseshoe.
Capacity was raised to 41,500 in 1953 when a partial second deck and a pressbox were added at a cost of $346,000. More of second deck and other improvements were added in 1967 to raise the capacity to 48,000 at a cost of $1,840,000.
The Progression of
the North End